Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Day of Rest.

Today [Monday] was deemed the day of rest, as Mike and I had just finished seven straight days without a break. Sunday, for a slight break in the program, due to good weather, we opted to go play basketball. That worked well for our cardio workout, unfortunately, that did not fare well for my physical health. I hyperextended my left pinky finger and tweaked my bad knee.

When resting, my knee feels fine. And it does alright when standing or doing minimal walking, but when constantly bending or doing strenuous activity it gives me trouble and a fair dose of dull pain. Nothing in it popped, and there were no sharp or intense pains when on the court, so I am certain that it is not serious, but it is going to limit my ability to work out.

Due to the holiday season, as well as my schedule this weekend, I will be delaying the completion of my 6-day diet/workout. I will try and do some minimal stuff, like an ab workout, some work with the resistance bands, stuff that is not too strenuous on the knees (or left pinky), and I will work to minimize my intake of carbs, particularly bad ones, this week. I have to give my body some time to heal where it hurts.
Tomorrow night I work a basketball game that will have me standing for 3 hours straight. And, this weekend, I work a basketball tourney (3 games on Saturday, 2 on Sunday), which will be all-day activities, making it hard to maintain my diet during that time.

Monday, Lord willing my knee is feeling fine again - with the aid of a brace, Mike and I will re-start our 6-day Fat Burning Express Workout and Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment